Peer Mediation Education
It is where the method of peer mediation is applied at schools together with the Peer Mediation role-plays as a method that manages conflict and disagreements by taking the win-win philosophy as a basis and using the terminology of conflict/disagreement. Disagreements are seen as a disturbance that we must cope with as a natural course of life. Research shows that student-teacher and student-student conflicts result in disturbing the class thus ending up in the teacher using most of the time that needs to be spent on the lesson, to solve these conflicts. The Peer mediation application positively impacts the school environment, teacher-student happiness, and motivation and positively impacts academic success. It can be said that it specifically contributes to school peace and generally contributes to the peace of society.
- Changes the conflicts/disagreements to creative opportunities,
- Can remain indifferent in conflict/disagreement situations,
- Will be able to evaluate your teammates and yourself in terms of the level and suitability of effective communication skills.
- Reveals secret desires in interpersonal relationships,
- Apply the negotiation process steps.
What will I learn in this course?
- By applying the method of solving simple disagreements/conflict issues in schools with their peers (students at school), it can create an alternative resolution opportunity for disciplinary committees,
- It can help develop the social-affective skills of students,
- It can ensure students learn empathy, effective communication, anger management, problem-solving skills, view situations from a different angle, use their creativity and develop leadership skills through interactive activities,
- Can focus on problems rather than individuals,
- Can guide students to use the negotiation steps in the light of mediation principles.
Why should I take this course?
- To develop effective communication skills that can be applied throughout a lifetime,
- To reduce conflicts/disagreements within the class and spend more time on education,
- To develop the student’s leadership, problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, empathizing and effective communication skills,
- To increase academic success,
- To contribute to community peace.
A certificate of participation is given upon completion of this course.
PAYMENT BY BANK TRANSFER
Apart from credit card payments, you can make your payment by transferring to the UBAN number.
Account Number: 10-304-0000134885 – NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY LTD.
Near East Bank – UBAN: CT16139050100103040000134885
It is mandatory to write your Name – Surname and E-mail address during payment by money order. After the payment, send your receipt to email@example.com with your Name – Surname and E-mail address.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 134 Minutes
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Peer Mediation Education
- What is Peer Mediation?
- Difference between Disagreement and Argument
- Conflicts (attitudes towards conflicts, methods of confrontation and positive aspects of disagreements)
- Effective Communication (verbal-nonverbal communication)
- Effective Communication (active listening)
- Interpersonal Relations (empathy, tolerance, prejudice and courtesy)
- Interpersonal Relationship (managing emotions)
- Mediation Practice Interpersonal Relationship (individual differences, different needs)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods