In terms of its rich content, breast milk is a miraculous nutrient and an irreplaceable natural wonder. Breast milk is the most appropriate nutrient for the mental and body health of mother and baby and the best gift that the mother can give to her baby. Although the breastfeeding period seems like a long and arduous process, breastfeeding is a natural process. Until the bond between mother and baby is established, it is completely normal to encounter some difficulties during the breastfeeding process. In order to maintain breastfeeding successfully, the first days after delivery are very important and need to be supported. It is important for mothers to be able to make the right decision for their babies when they are concerned that they do not have enough breast milk after delivery, whether they are feeding the baby adequately, and how often they need to breastfeed the baby. Receiving professional support is of great importance for answering such questions and removing all concerns as well as maintaining successful parenting. In this regard, prospective mothers should be provided with training on breast milk and breastfeeding from pregnancy onwards.
Breastfeeding consultancy is a counseling service provided by specially trained experienced professionals to support mothers and other family members who need support during breastfeeding and wonder what they can do to facilitate this process. It is a guide that provides information about breastfeeding in the prenatal period and what should be done in order to maintain healthy and successful breastfeeding in the postpartum period.
- Participants learn the content of breast milk and the benefits of breastfeeding for a mother, baby, and society,
- Participants learn how breasts change and how milk is discharged to prepare to feed the baby during pregnancy through nipples upon the baby’s sucking, and how to breastfeed the baby,
- Participants learn about the factors that increase and decrease milk production,
- Participants learn to breastfeed successfully and effectively,
- The expectant mother learns to apply the correct positions and techniques used in breastfeeding,
- Participants learn how to express breast milk, how to store it, and how to feed the baby with expressed breast milk.
- Mothers get satisfactory and accurate answers to their concerns such as “Is my breast milk enough for my baby?”, “Why doesn’t the baby want to suck?”.
- Mothers find solutions to breastfeeding problems caused by flat or inverted nipples, cracked nipples, or blocked chest ducts.
- Mothers find solutions for breastfeeding difficulties (such as starting work, gassy babies, breast rejection).
What will I learn in this course?
- Teaches benefits of breast milk,
- Teaches how to maintain a healthy and successful breastfeeding period,
- Teaches breastfeeding positions and techniques,
- Provides a healthy process for mother and baby,
- Provides support to the breastfeeding mother.
Why should I take this course?
It is every baby’s right to be fed with breast milk for a healthy generation and a healthy future. You should attend this course to learn how to ensure a healthier growth and development process for your baby.
Course subject headings
- The importance/benefits of breast milk and breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding physiology
- Breastfeeding positions
- Expressing and storing breast milk
- Breastfeeding problems and solutions
- Recommendations for breastfeeding mothers (such as working, exercising, diet, use of medication)
Who should take this course?
Parents who are preparing to become mothers and fathers, parents who encounter problems during breastfeeding, and other family members or nursemaids, babysitters, and health professionals who will help to care for the mother and baby.
A certificate of participation is given upon completion of this course.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 37 Minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes