Yoga and Meditation
Recently, yoga and meditation have become increasingly popular concepts. In short, this course aims to explain these concepts correctly amidst the rapidly changing knowledge environment on the basis of their historical origins. Learning these concepts correctly based on knowledge will help you integrate yoga and meditation applications into your lives.
The introduction to yoga basics and meditation course is a beginner’s course for those who want to know more about yoga and meditation applications. Within the scope of this course, a general framework will be presented in the light of the main sources on the historical foundations of yoga. Participants will learn what the eight steps of yoga are according to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and will obtain information on which applications this will include. Traditional types of yoga and modern yoga approaches applied worldwide will be examined. Additionally, this course aims to present information on the importance of meditation application in daily life, what the different types and approaches to meditation are, and what meditation is in relation to yoga.
- Have information on the historical origins of yoga,
- Be able to define the eight steps of yoga in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali,
- Differentiate between traditional and modern types of yoga,
- Understand what meditation is,
- Define the different types of meditation.
What will I learn in this course?
- The historical roots of yoga,
- The eight steps of yoga in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali,
- Traditional and modern yoga types,
- Basics of meditation,
- Different types of meditation and tips on their application.
Why should participants choose this course?
- To fully understand the meanings of the popular terms yoga and meditation,
- To learn these concepts correctly based on established knowledge,
- To integrate yoga applications into participants’ lives based on their historical origins,
- To understand what meditation is and what it is not,
- To learn tips on how to make meditation a part of your life.
A certificate of participation is given upon completion of this course.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 70 Minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes